Friday 10 July 2015

Visiting The Ruins of Kourion

In Cyprus, the ancient city of Kurion sits on an impressive bluff overlooking the Mediterranean. Most of the ruins visible today date from the Hellenistic period until the late Roman period. For number crunchers, mark your scorecard from about 300 BC through 500 AD.

Looking toward the Nymphaeum.


Doorway. Mosaic from the gladiator house.

Impressive stadium, fabulous view.


Solitary column. Public baths.

A nice view to the sea from the Basilica.

1 comment:

  1. Nice post! I'm glad to have found your blog. I read several articles on your blog and I think it is very useful for the tourists.

    Let me introduce myself, My name is Sam, a HongKonger who love travel. Two months ago, I had created a travel site which aims to connect the bloggers and the tourists. Bloggers can share the link of their articles about an interesting place and let tourists find the useful travel articles more easily. I know you love travel and write a lots of articles about the interesting places around the world, so I would like to invite you to join our community, share your articles and photos, let more tourists can find your blog and know more about your story. Look for your reply, hope you all the best =)

    http://www.travelersfootprint.com

    Sam

    ReplyDelete