Thursday 25 April 2013

Laundry Day (Everyday) In Varanasi

The Ganges River in Varanasi can clean everything. Bring your soul, your beliefs, bathe, cleanse and be blessed. Then get back to the mundane and clean your clothes.

These three guys are paid laundry workers. A stone, some water and soap, and you're in business. You provide the shoulder grease.


A woman hanging saris. On second thought, will my clothes be cleaner or dirtier?

More saris laid out to dry, creating a staircase rainbow. Beautiful!


The full array of laundry drying. Sheets, saris, jeans, no wonder the man in the center is taking a break. Two women being their own clothesline.

Portrait of the laundry man.

3 comments:

  1. Yowzah! Some of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enthusiastic words written in this blog helped me to enhance my skills as well as helped me to know how I can help myself on my own. I am really glad to come at this platform.บริการ ซัก อบ รีด

    ReplyDelete